Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Shakira - Profile

Name : Shakira
Date of Birth: 2 February 1977, Barranquilla, Colombia

Birth Name: Shakira Isabel Mebarak Ripoll


Height
4' 11" (1.50 m)

Mini Biography
Grammy-winning Latina rock singer Shakira was born in Barranquilla, Colombia, on February 2, 1977. Her father is a Lebanese immigrant and her mother a native of Colombia. Shakira began her musical career at age 12 and quickly captured fans throughout Latin America. Singing in Spanish, she is often called the "Latin Alanis Morissette" due to her hard sounds. She won the 2001 Best Latin pop Grammy for her "MTV Unplugged" album.


Personal Quotes


The worst mistake of a woman is to go to the kitchen, because then she never gets out of there.

"I admire a person who, for the love of art, is able to take off their clothes in front of a camera. But I'm not capable, I'm too cowardly for that".

"It's not easy to work with me, I recognize that. It's not easy if those people aren't as perfectionistic as I am".

"The worst frustration for a singer is choosing a career in making music and then not being able to make music because you're always giving interviews".

"My brain, I believe, is the most beautiful part of my body".

No comments:

Post a Comment